Avient 2940 Hugger Catalyst
2940 Hugger Catalyst
Avient™ Specialty Inks HUGGER CATALYST is an additive used to increase the adhesion of plastisol inks to nylon and other tightly woven materials.
- Use for Nylon wind breakers, Jerseys, bags, Banners, and other slick surfaces that plastisol struggles to adhere to
- Works with plastisol ink which does not contain water
- Stir inks thoroughly when adding catalyst
- Mix 10% by weight of 2940 HUGGER CATALYST to plastisol ink for printing on tightly woven nylon such as umbrellas, bags and jackets
- When printing on nylon material that has been treated to repel water, the waterproofing must be Emulsion Over Mesh: see relevant PIB removed. Remove waterproofing by wiping down the print area with rubbing alcohol or acetone. Check for penetration of the waterproofing with small drops of water. The water drops will spread and penetrate the fabric if the waterproof coating is properly removed
- Hugger Catalyst activates upon exposure to moisture in the air. The amount of moisture exposure determines the shelf life of the mixed ink. Pot life generally ranges from 4-8 hours
- OTHER USES: Hugger Catalyst can be used at 3% by weight to reduce fibrillation issues when printing on 100% cotton
- The cross-linking reaction between the catalyst and ink takes approximately 48-72 hours to fully bond to the fabric. Adhesion test should be conducted after the cross-linking process is complete
- Immediately after printing, remove catalyzed ink from screens using cleaning solvents to prevent permanent mesh damage. Clean squeegees and other printing apparatus immediately after use
Feel free to live chat with us if you have any questions.